Friday, October 19, 2012

Website start

Starting this website and blog to share photos and compare notes with other observers.

Resources for moths in Colorado - and their identification - seem hard to come by.  Many appear to be linked with "western" moths, and are perhaps not as familiar and documented as "eastern" moths.

My previous experience has been with "southern" moths.  I had the ability to compare my pictures with three websites showing moths from the same state, as well as another website for a neighboring state.  Between them all, it was easy to match up my pictures with their pictures and make a positive ID.  But I see no likewise source of pictures for moths in Colorado (other than those listed in "Links").  Hopefully this website - together with those - will help others identify moths they come across, and/or photograph.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment